4.26.2011


I usually like to do crafty "Mama Made Its." But today I thought I would do a neat little recipe I tried out this week.
Ingredients:
Quinoa
Roasted Grapes
Rainbow Carrots

Most Quinoa recipes I see called for 2 cups of water to 1 cup of Quinoa. But, for me, it turns out mushy instead of fluffy. Instead I did about 1 cup of Quinoa to 1 1/2 cups water. 
Boil the water first. Then add the Quinoa. 
Lower the heat and cover it leaving a little hole for heat to escape. 
This yields a fluffier quinoa. 



I rinsed the grapes and chopped the carrots. I sprinkled the grapes with a little olive oil, plopped them on a baking sheet with the carrots and threw them all in the oven on broil. 
I left them about ten minutes until the skin of the grapes got wrinkly and the carrots were softening but still crunchy. 




Place the grapes/carrots on a bed of Quinoa and your good to go. 
Add some butter or a vinaigrette if the quinoa is too dry for your taste. 



Yum Yum.

4 comments:

  1. the mister & I are on a quinoa kick and this sounds fantastic! thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I LOVE quinoa and will definitely try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quinoa, too. Avian and I will have to give those grapes a roast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quinoa too. Avian and I will definitely give those grapes a roast :)

    ReplyDelete